Thursday, February 13, 2014

BELLA GARDEN - WISTERIA BLOCK



I have almost caught up with my Bella Garden's second block 'Wisteria'.  I thought that by the amount of work and time it took me to do the first block, I would fall way behind with all the others, but the second block came together much quicker.  I like to think it was because I knew what I was doing :)

Anyway here is the block so far......I can't do all the Wisteria flowers as some of them overhang onto the border pieces and I need to attach them before I can finish the applique.  I will have to wait until Block 6 before I can start to assembly the whole quilt and there will be more applique to finish then.




Woops, I may have spoken to soon, these wisteria flowers are driving me crazy, the large part of the flower was fine, but the smaller round petals are very difficult to attach, I have had to resort to my free motion foot and do a circular motion around the edge about 3 times.  It actually looks like fabric painting now.  I'll keep at it and you can see the result soon.









9 comments:

Susan said...

Lovely, I'm sure the free motion will get better & easier the more you do.
Please post over on the MR blog too - and do a link if you like - that will send others over to look.
Those loose bits will drive you crazy for a while.

Dawn said...

Still new to this blogging so I wasnt sure how to do the link so I just copied and pasted over the MR site. Hope thats ok?

Also Susan, why do we become members of others sites - is there a list somewhere of who I have joined and why do I join?? If i like a blog I add that to my Blog List but the members thing has me stumped?? Thks

Seams Sew Together said...

Looks very intricate and time consuming, its looking great so far, have fun.

Anonymous said...

That looks stunning already!

Dawn said...

Thanks for the comment and I have a long way to go before its finished, its one of those projects that will take a long time but should be worth it in the end.

Dawn said...

Hi Mandy, Thanks for the comment and yes it sure is time consuming but I am really enjoying doing it. Dont forget your on the list to quilt him hahah

Lorna McMahon said...

Oh, this is really gorgeous! What a load of work! Your fabric choices make this piece. It is incredibly pretty, Dawn. You should be proud!!!

Christine said...

Oh my that is beautiful!

Donna said...

stunning

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...