Saturday, November 1, 2014

CQBC - Half Way There

Remember my latest venture - The Crazy Quilt Beginners Class being held by Kathy over at Shawkl, well I have done all the seam embroidery and I am now waiting to begin the silk ribbon work.

Kathy's instructions are very detailed and we go right back to basics, learning how to mark our seams for each stitch and then how to do all the stitches and their combinations.

Embroidery finished

Close up of the little French Knot Flowers


Once all the silk ribbon work has been added, I will then go back and finish off some of the embroidery seams with beads and sequins.

I expect the block will be quite full by the end of the classes but what a terrific way to learn new ideas.  I can't wait until I finish each task and then I receive my next instructions.
 

6 comments:

Christine B said...

Hello Dawn! This is just stunning! Wish I had been early enough to join in.... maybe next time around! I'll check out the blog! :) xx

Christine B said...

Hi again Dawn... you don't have to published this comment but I just wanted you to know that the link you have given for the blog does not work as you have to be a member of the CQBC to have permission to view the blog. Love your block so far! Have a lovely weekend.... Christine x

Martina said...

Hi Dawn, that looks awesome. I love crazy embroidery and one day I want to make a quilt with it.

Anonymous said...

Hi Dawn wow I love your work ,this is so pretty and delicate.xx

Christine M said...

You have done a wonderful job so far, Dawn. This is going to be beautiful.

Unknown said...

Hi Dawn, your work is so wonderful - I love it!
Hugs, Deborah

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...