Tuesday, December 9, 2014

MERRY CHRISTMAS STITCHERY



Well isn't Christmas the most busiest of times,  I am frantically trying to finish my Christmas Wreath to get it up before the festive seasons ends.... hopefully have a post soon.

In the meantime, here is a lovely Rosalie Quinlan stitchery that I finished and put on a canvas frame for  hanging.  I attended a class with Rosalie a couple of months ago and haven't made it back there yet but I hope to do another in the new year.

The thread is a Cottage Garden called Snapdragon and I love the way the red and green blend together.


I have also managed to finish my Crazy Quilt Beginners Class and here is the finished block.  All the silk ribbon work and beading is done and I popped on some charms and lace motifs to finish it off.

Very very happy with this class by Kathy, I would highly recommend you keeping an eye out in the New Year for the next Beginners Class and I am waiting to sign up for the Intermediate Class now.


Beads and sequins added.
 See the difference a few embroidery stitches and beading makes........



Finished Block :)


Bare Block

7 comments:

Christine B said...

Hello Dawn! I love your Rosalie Quinlan stitchery and it will look lovely hanging up with your other Christmas decorations (I still have to get mine sorted out and put up... on the 'to do' list!) I wish I lived close enough to attend a class with some of your fabulous Australian designers!! I am definitely going to look out for the next online crazy quilt block class.... your finished block is fabulous! I just love the colours you have chosen and all that exquisite stitching.... just stunning! Congratulations on getting it finished! Have a good week!! :) xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Dawn wow i love your stitchery it is so beautiful and i am enjoying seeing your crazy patchwork come together.xx

Linda said...

Dawn your Christmas stitching is so, so pretty, and I love that thread too. The crazy quilt is just gorgeous! I can see why you're so happy with the class. :)

Debbie said...

I found a shop in the US that carries the Cottage Garden floss...so pretty in your piece. I have some on order.

Christine M said...

Hi Dawn. Your stitchery looks lovely. As for your crazy patchwork, it is beautiful. You've done a fabulous job.

Unknown said...

Hi dear Dawn,
Your christmas stitchery looks fantastic!!
I love the green and red thread.
The crazy block is amazing, the little silk ribbon flowers are soooooooo lovely....
Great job, my dear friend
Hugs
Deborah

Anita said...

Hi Dawn,
You've got heaps of fun stuff happening around here!!!! Busy girl! lol
Cheers, Anita.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...