Thursday, July 4, 2013

Cathedral Windows Playmat

Pattern:  www.modabakeshop.com/2011/11cathedral-window-baby-playmat
Material:  Ticklish by Moda


Material choices certainly have changed a lot since my last sewing adventure.  They even have pre-cut material so I dont have to choose colour combinations, fantastic.

I picked up a Layer Cake (Ticklish by Moda Fabrics) and tried to arrange the colours in pairs to achieve a nice combination.



 Nothing was working for me so I decided to frame each window with a solid colour instead and voila..... the green set off each colour wonderfully. 

I found the pattern on the Moda Bake Shop and it was quite easy.  Of course it has now been all sewn together and is waiting for the great arrival of grandson in October.


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is my fav piece. It is used every day as a floor mat for little Jake. He does his tummy time on it and loves to look at the bright colours and pattens. The round panels give it a different look and the size is perfect for any room

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...