Tuesday, July 11, 2017

DANCING CHICKENS & FLYING PIGS

Each Christmas, I buy myself a Block of the Month for the coming year.  This years project is by Annie Downs, and its called - Dancing Chickens & Flying Pigs.

Its a 12 block quilt/wall hanging  worked on a Linen background with felted Wool shapes and embroidery.  I am loving working with the Wool (no need to worry about turning under the applique pieces).  By using matching wool or DMC threads, a simply applique stitch and viola......its done....easy really.








I love my first 6 blocks, the colors and textures are just so lovely and I can't wait for my next package to arrive....stay tuned to see the rest of the blocks.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

beautiful blocks Dawn this will be a lovely quilt xx

Steffi said...

Ganz entzückend, ich liebe die Anleitungen von Anni Dawn.
Liebe Grüße
Steffi

Kaisievic said...

The blocks look fabulous, Dawn - they do look like fun blocks to stitch.

Christine M said...

Your blocks look fabulous Dawn.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...