Thursday, October 12, 2017

FOXLEY FINISHED

It’s so nice to get my finished quilt, Foxley Village, back from the talented Mandy who does my quilting.

What a stunner this project has turned out to be. A monthly project that was featured in Homespun Magazine last year made with Tilda fabric and comprised of both appliqué and machine pieced blocks.




I am still sewing on the binding but you can see how lovely this quilt is.  

Take a closer look at Mandy’s wonderful quilting, there is so much variety in patterns, I could look all day and still find a different one.






















Just look at the difference the quilting makes.......



Quilted Block

Original Block










I’ve already made space on the wall for this one as I think it’s nice to display my quilts rather than hide them away, after all they end up costing a lot both in money and time.

If you ever think you can’t do a quilt like this, I suggest a BOM with a friend as each month you help each other with problems and ensure you finish on time and before you know it you’ve made a whole quilt over a 12 month period.  

6 comments:

Raewyn said...

Your quilt is beautiful - congratulations on the finish!! I collected the magazines and fabrics for this and haven't started it yes - seeing yours spurs me on again!!

Helen said...

Gorgeous quilt and quilting Dawn.

Christine M said...

Your quilt is amazing, Dawn. The photos don't do it justice. xx

Donna said...

Just stunning.... you did a beautiful job

Elizabeth Newton said...

Wow! Your Foxley Village quilt looks fantastic and the quilting enhances it beautifully. Congratulations on a wonderful finish from the team at Homespun.

Kaisievic said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...