Tuesday, March 31, 2020

ELEANOR'S QUILT


Back in May last year, my son and daughter-in-law presented to the world, a beautiful little girl whom they named Eleanor Celeste.  Although she is in London, I flew over to help out in the first few weeks and of course took with me, a quilt especially for her.



The request was for no  'girl' colours but very basic neutral colour and design.  We both agreed on this pattern KrisKross by Suzy Quilts which I purchased online in a peach, black & white palette.  A simply heart panto design was done by my regular quilter Mandy.

Reverse side 
I think we both love the reverse side best.    Thought I sneek a picture of Eleanor in,with her wool embroidery  blanket that I had previously made and took over with me .






















5 comments:

PaintedThread said...

Cute quilt. I like the front best, but that backing rocks, too.

Donna said...

They all look amazing....great job Dawn

Susan said...

How lovely - the wool blanket, the quilt - both sides - and if course little Eleanor!

Helen said...

Finally catching up on a couple of blogs after a long absence. Love your room and your quilting, Eleanor looks adorable snug with that gorgeous blanket wrapped around her.

Pink Rose said...

Hi Dawn oh your new grand daughter is adorable and I love the quilt you made for her and the woollen blanket is beautiful ,I made my daughter one similar for her first born,think the pattern was out of a Inspiration mag .xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...