Saturday, March 28, 2020

HANDIQUILTER SIMPLY SIXTEEN

As I sit here isolated in my home, thanks to the spread of the Corona Virus-19, I have found time to again continue with my blog so I have a record of all the beautiful things that one can make given time and patience.

I retired from full-time work last July and haven't looked back.  With all the material I have been stashing for years, I find plenty to keep me busy (as well as my beautiful grandchildren).

A retirement gift to myself (which we all should do) was a Handiquilter Simply Sixteen longarm machine with the Little Buddy system.  I have had such fun learning free motion quilting on this machine and have even taken an online course by Natalia Bonner Lets Stitch Scalloped Borders.  Highly recommend this course via YouTube - I learnt so much which I am putting into practice.

Facebook is another resource for learning tips and tricks from the various groups that you can join.

So here is my latest Sewing Room with the Longarm machine all set up and ready to go.


Here is my practice quilt showing the beautiful Borders that Natalia's course taught me how to do. Of course they are not perfect, but at least I have the knowledge on how to do them now.







One of my girlfriends, put my in contact with the  Eastern Pallative Care organisation,  and along with my sewing buddies, we have been making quilt tops to donate to their clients.  More on my next post where I will show some of the donations so far...…..stay tuned and stay safe xxx


2 comments:

Susan said...

What a great idea - those borders may not be perfect - but very close! Happy practicing and very generous of your group to make quilts for palliative care patients.

PaintedThread said...

Oh, love those borders!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...